Case Study – Siemens Tooling Process Optimisation
Improving SAP adoption to implement key process improvements in the management of Tooling.
Read how Gauri assisted Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery Lincoln to introduce key improvements to its Field Service Tooling processes.
Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery Lincoln, specialise in the design, manufacture and servicing of small industrial gas turbines.
Siemens identified that they needed to introduce key improvements to their Field Service Tooling processes. These operations were largely managed separately to the existing business systems, resulting in costly inefficiencies throughout the process.
Siemens and Gauri partnered to identify, evaluate, adapt, test, document and deploy a solution with the objective to:
- Provide greater transparency of tooling logistics and financial controls
- Improve end-to-end process efficiencies
- Prove an integrated service monitoring and reporting capabilities
Gauri, as part of the project team, was instrumental to:
- Prioritising the business requirements for maximum project impact.
- Adapting a global Siemens SAP solution to integrate with the local business processes.
- Maintaining effective, open communication when engaging and collaborating with a wide group of stakeholders as part of change management.
- Providing innovative documentation of the process flows and detailed work instructions, in line with RACI principles.
- Imparting extensive support to ensure successful project adoption, including the timely development and delivery of tailored user training.
Gauri implemented the solution that achieved:
- Alignment of the end-to-end processes throughout cross-functional teams.
- Greater visibility of financial controls and logistics.
- Compliance with import and export regulations and improved cost recovery.
- Harmonisation across Siemens group companies, resulting in increased opportunities for further collective process improvement strategies.
- Data-driven decision making.
About Siemens Turbomachinery, Lincoln
Drop us a line or two to tell us about your project and we'll be in touch.