Case Study – SAP ERP Slimstock Integration
Assisting Roper Rhodes to integrate SAP ERP with Slimstock
With an already extensive product and accessory range encompassing; sanitaryware, showers, taps and bathroom accessories, the business required a solution which could enable the team to forecast demand with greater confidence and consequently, manage their ever-evolving inventory more effectively.
Slim4 by Slimstock, an expert supply chain management solution, was selected to optimise costs by introducing an overall modernisation of their approach to inventory management.
Key objectives for the project were set as:
- Service Level – Maintain top line availability and improve the availability for the tail products.
- Stock Level – Apply 6-box model and ensure control over stock turn, inventory costs and optimum shelf-life.
- Peaceful Growth – Omni-channel grown capability, improved visibility and greater efficiency in overall inventory management process.
With extensive experience of implementing SAP ECC for Roper Rhodes, and knowledge acquired over 10 years in application support, Gauri was chosen as a preferred partner. Ensuring that an appropriate integration architecture is designed, which would deliver the end-to-end solution; ensuring achievement of business objectives from investment in the Slim4 solution.
The integration with Slim4 required daily data exchange for a number of application objects:
- Open Sales Orders
- Purchase Orders
- Stock Entities
- Bill of Materials
- Inbound and Outbound Delivery Extracts
Gauri collaborated with Roper Rhodes business stakeholders and the Slimstock consultants to first design the end-to-end architecture, covering all integration scenarios.
- Develop an end-to-end integration architecture
- Identify all integration scenarios, processes and attributes for data exchange
- Define master data creation and maintenance processes in the new world
- Develop SAP interfaces (inbound and outbound)
- Assist Roper Rhodes business in testing various scenarios in conjunction with the Slim4 solution
- Manage a streamlined cutover to the live environment.
The newly integrated Slim4 has been running smoothly without any issues since its go-live in January 2018. The solution supports Roper Rhodes with a complete inventory forecasting and replenishment cycle.
The work performed by Gauri on SAP integration was pivotal in the successful implementation of our Slim4 supply chain solution. Gauri was involved in every step of the way, from requirements mapping and functional design specification, through to testing and implementation. The knowledge and work ethic at Gauri ensured that this was a seamless process; delivering the project on time and to budget.
About Roper Rhodes
Roper Rhodes Ltd is one of the UK’s leading independent suppliers of bathroom furniture and bathroom products, with over 40 years of experience in designing and developing beautiful bathrooms.
Gauri has been involved with multiple initiatives with Roper Rhodes for over a decade as their preferred SAP partner. We have been supporting their entire SAP landscape and have delivered measurable business benefits with initiatives like the implementation of the Warehouse Management solution and successive business improvement projects as the business grew and encountered new challenges.
We have continued to support their growth with the recent warehouse move to a new facility and are currently working with them to deliver further transformation through technological innovations.
Drop us a line or two to tell us about your business and we'll be in touch.