Case Study – Arco
Streamlining Sales and Service Operations for Arco
Read how Gauri deployed SAP Sales and Service Cloud, giving a streamlined and consistent service experience to Arco’s customers.
With a large SAP estate; they were looking for a trusted and knowledgeable partner to shape and deliver the transition from their on-premise CRM solution to the cloud. SAP Hybris Cloud for Service was chosen as a preferred platform for customer service desk; however, challenge was to ensure that existing on-premise CRM and Hybris Cloud for Sales must not be impacted.
One of the most important outcomes of this initiative was to achieve a single customer view fully integrated with SAP ECC. Additional aspects of integration with hybris commerce needed to be catered to and a smooth transition from a complex landscape comprising on-premise CRM, C4C and ECC- to one with C4C and ECC only had to be achieved without impacting business operations, in a planned manner.
Arco’s Customer Service teams were using a combination of systems and bespoke solutions to respond to queries from the account managers and customers, resulting in delays and process inefficiencies.
Access to customers’ historical interactions was limited or not user-friendly. This was impacting Arco’s ability to manage SLA’s around customer response times.
The service teams were segregated by region, impacting SLA’s and resource allocation processes. Being on a different platforms, sales and customer service teams could not collaborate effectively which led to communication gaps.
At the core, the need was to reduce the high service cost, improve financial reporting and build effective dashboards through a single platform and a single data set.
Arco identified the need to transform and restructure their sales processes to improve efficiency, minimise lost opportunities and improve customer management capabilities.
An important aspect needing improvement was to streamline account hierarchies, account ownership management and allocation of revenue.
At the core, the need was to reduce high service cost, improve financial reporting and build effective dashboards through a single platform and single data set.
Gauri was selected as a partner of choice, after a thorough partner evaluation by Arco due to following credentials:
- Experience in understanding the business challenges faced by Arco’s sales and service team
- Demonstrated ability to bring customer sales and service onto a single integrated platform and ability to provide 360-degree view of a customer
- Outstanding client references that included award-winning solutions delivered using Cloud CRM Technologies and track record as a trusted and safe pair of hands
- Gauri’s overall expertise in integrating solutions involving a complex landscape.
Gauri implemented the solution that achieved:
- Omnichannel ticket management based on SAP C/4HANA achieving streamlined business processes as all personnel are now using one common platform
- Visibility of customers’ full interaction history for the customer service team- thereby resulting in improved customer satisfaction
- Ability to set and monitor SLAs, priorities, trigger escalations and categorise service tickets based on various criteria as required by business
- Portfolio of reports, KPIs and dashboard providing real-time information to Arco’s team based on their job roles.
Project Approach and Key Highlights
Gauri proactively collaborated with Arco’s stakeholders from business, architecture, IT and operations to ensure that the solution design and implementation was able to achieve the desired outcomes.
Gauri ensured that:
- Discovery workshops were effectively capturing the business requirements and pain points
- Solution design was documented capturing ‘to be’ processes on SAP C4C platform based on discovery workshops and stakeholder approval was obtained to go forward with the implementation
- The C4C implementation was based on agile methodology with show and tells at the end of each sprint.
- Gauri proactively engaged with Arco’s stakeholders to ensure that business expectations and requirements were met without any deviations
- A streamlined cutover was achieved to avoid any business disruption
- A successful implementation of C4C laid the foundation for Arco to implement a streamlined and unified sales platform, offering a truly satisfying experience for its customers.
Arco’s mission is to keep people safe at work. With over 22,000 products in stock, Arco offers premium brands in the industry, plus a wide range of own branded ethically-sourced products.
Drop us a line or two to tell us about your business and we'll be in touch.